OK, so now what?

    Just about every morning for the past two years I've written in a journal. I have a stack of spiral-bound notebooks totaling several hundred pages of entries. Before that, I did so on and off. For at least the last eight years or so. I find it very helpful. I can talk to myself. Ask rhetorical questions. Document important events. Dissect my feelings and where they come from. I can do pretty much whatever I want because it's my journal. I often go back and skim past entries, looking for patterns, reminding myself of where I came from, and in general trying to use the journal as a source of personal growth. I have spent several New Year's Eves combing through the previous year's entries as a way to close out the old year and think ahead to the new one. What did I learn? What can I do better? That sort of thing.
    Recently I decided to take a hard right turn in life - I quit my job, I'm selling my house, and I'm moving into and becoming a partner in a healing center and all organic plant-based cafe called Greentruth. Why did I decide to do this? That's a big question. I know why. And I write about it all the time. In my journal. That no one else reads besides me. That is fine. It helps me. But just as I am inspired by the stories of so many others, some people have said they are inspired by my story too. So I decided, what the hell. I'll journal in public. I'll tell my story out loud for those interested. Why not? I have nothing to lose. I may need to change some names and keep some things private, but otherwise I'll try to do what I've been doing because overall it is working. I'll try not to fix what isn't broken.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday 2/1/21 6am